The Systems Verification Team is looking to grow its team. We are seeking technically minded and product oriented test engineers who have a passion for co-developing software products with the systems Engineering and Software development teams. You will be a part of the R&D department responsible to help develop new features, as well as to help release maintenance patches.
• Work closely with the systems engineering requirements team, and software development team to understand and flesh out the software features and functionalities
• Create a comprehensive test strategy to test all aspects of the software, including front end, back end tests, as well as considering how the features fit globally into the product line
• Create test case lists based on the test strategy, and host an external test case list review meeting with software developers and requirements engineers.
• Prepare the test data and work with the databases to facilitate testing
• Test through new features, raising well documented defects, and working beside software developers to troubleshoot failures/defects, and to finally close the defects once they are resolved
• Automate the new features using Selenium Web Driver
• Test Regressions sections, either manually, or through running Selenium WD/IDE scripts
• Continually help grow the QA-SVT team’s processes and uphold the quality best practices set on the team, and inside of ZE
Technical Skills and Experience
• A university degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field
• At least 3-5 years of experience creating and running test cases
• Testing in an automation platform such as Selenium Webdriver, Selenium IDE, Node JS would be a big asset
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL programming
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Knowledge of some standard servers (Tomcat)
• Experience with Web application development
Competency and Skill Set
• Ability to communicate clearly and competently, in writing and verbally
• Strong initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Great interpersonal, collaboration, and facilitation skills
• Excellent ability to work in a team environment
• Must be self-aware, confident, and have capacity for empathy
• Great time management and prioritization skills
ZE PowerGroup Inc. (ZE) is a global leader in the development of data management, analysis, and business automation software. ZEMA is our enterprise-level suite of products. ZEMA enables users to capture, transform, manipulate, analyze, report and visualize data quickly and easily. We work with world-class companies in energy, commodities, and finance to serve users in trade, risk management and IT. Our head office is in Vancouver, BC, and we have operations in Houston, Raleigh, London, Singapore, and Madrid.
With a dynamic corporate culture and supportive management team, a career at ZE is what you make of it. Our environment is defined by the people that work in our company. We stress a balanced approach to work and healthy living. We have a games area as well as onsite Yoga. Our head office is located conveniently next to the Richmond Middle Arm waterfront trail, Olympic Oval, and Steve Nash Fitness club. ZE offers excellent career development opportunities along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are the kind of person who takes initiative, has a positive attitude, and wants to make an impact, then we want to hear from you.